Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Points of View

This is a picture of the view from the back window of my house, looking past the neighbours place. "So what?" you ask. Well I just noticed today that if I craned my neck just so I could see a rocky prominence (Centre, back of photo). This is significant because the rocky prominence has a name and is a major landmark in this area. In fact, my street is named after the prominence: Prominence View if you get my drift. All the time I have lived here, I have wondered why the street was so named when it did not actually provide a view of said prominence. I am somewhat relieved that we do indeed have a view of the rock. However, I am disturbed it took me 6 months to notice it.
I'll post a better shot of the rocky outcrop later. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathleen: We need more photos of you and your prominences. There is nothing sexier than an experienced women with a brain to match.

1:21 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

How true, dial O.

Hmmm...I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Oh, and as you are a guest here, please go first.

2:18 pm  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

This rock was probably regarded as sacred by the Māori, or is it a mountain ?.
best wishes

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home