Sunday, August 27, 2006

They Danced the Night Away...

On Friday night, the Home and School Committee hosted a Disco at the primary school. The children were invited to attend from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. As you can see, a conga line was started and the kids were having great fun. That's our Brenna in the blue and yellow clothing. More than 160 kids came out to dance, buy glow sticks and purchase "American Hot Dogs", popcorn and dilute juice. The committee members worked hard, serving the food and keeping the children safe but it was well worth the effort. The kids had a night to remember, and the committee has another $900 or so in the bank.
When I returned home at 8pm, I felt like I had stayed out past last call and was exhausted. I was shocked to find out it was only 8 and not midnight.Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

Looks like a really fun night. It's amazing how much work it can be putting on what seems to be a simple, low-key party for kids.

I'm looking forward to school events when my kiddo(s) get to that age. Oh, yeah, and I'm looking forward to a couple of hours of peace in the daytime ;-)

1:07 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

My favorite time is around 9am after I have driven the kids to school and Andrew to work. I return to my quiet, albeit messy, house and have an uninterrupted cup of coffee, and breakfast if I missed it in the morning chaos.
Definetely something to look forward to!

7:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew here... I'm sitting in a hotel in Adelaide checking in on what Kathleen has been posting. That was a fun evening but she failed to mention that I spent the time on bog patrol, chasing 7-11 year old boys out of the toilets.

5:58 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Yes Dear, you were terrific.

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home