Friday, January 06, 2006

My Favorite NZ Tree

This tree stands outside the library in Whangarei. When in full bloom it is a beautiful mass of pale green lacy leaves and purple blooms. These trees are large and quite common in Northland. I read an article about them once, with a much better photo than this, but of course, I have misplaced it and can't remember the name. I will update with the info if I find it.

After our library visit we saw "Chicken Little". The girls loved it. I love the theatre here. The seats are over stuffed, very comfortable and do not fold up so I don't lose Miss A in them. They are arranged at a steep angle so the girls can see over the heads immediately in front without needing booster seats. There is a small food court in the same building so we are able to grab a quick lunch before the film. Miss B and I had our favorite sushi and Miss A chose chinese food. The theatre is a short walk from the library, also very convenient. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Sounds like a lovely outing. That tree is beautiful!

5:43 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Most of the outing was great fun. But when we did our grocery shopping we kept tripping on each other. The aisles are too narrow for them to walk beside me without blocking other people. If they walk in front I hit them with the cart and if they walk behind they step on my heels. They are too big to put in the cart... they climb too much.

Anyway, next time we meet I'll have to get some photo tips from you so I can do the scenery here justice.

7:24 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

We just saw a show on the killer whales of Whangaria. Know anything about it??

9:22 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Snow is good too. I've met immigrants who have been here more than 10 years and still miss snow at Christmas.

8:46 am  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hi Wendy,
No, I haven't come across the killer whales of Whangarei. Are they like the cougars of Vancouver?

Actually, there was picture in the paper the other day of a 16 year old life guard on a boogie board in the water and right next to an orca. I don't know if the orca come all the way into Whangarei harbour.

8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home