Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Swimming in the Pacific

I have just returned from a lovely swim in the South Pacific Ocean. It puts me in mind of similar summer days in Canada. In June, Miss B. would beg me to take her swimming at Miracle Beach or at the lake. When I finally gave in, she would rush into the water, regardless of the temperature. I would venture forth more cautiously, first letting my toes numb a bit before wading futher in. As I approached hip depth, I would drag my fingers through the water, trying to adjust to the cold before the inevitable genital shock. If I was able to get past the first shock, I would then brace myself for the nipple-numbing. On a particularly warm day, I might even put my head in the water.
Well, I can't say I miss that experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I bet.

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home